Helping A Friend Get Over A Breakup
You cannot get over a breakup without a friend, right? And since your friends are always here to help you get over a breakup, you should always be there for them. However, if you think that you do not know how to help them in such situation, follow these tips next time your friend needs your help:
- Be a good listener, let them talk, nod, agree. Do not judge them. It is not something they need right now. However, be careful what you say to them. Try to talk as little as possible.
- Let them cry while they are with you. Do not make them feel ashamed. Offer your shoulder.
- Do not give her lectures. She will not be happy to hear about the mistakes she has made. Not now.
- It is going to be difficult. Both for her and for you, but be patient. She needs you. And you will need her too when you get into similar situation.
- Encourage your friends to try new things. Plan something fun for you two. It is important.
- Go to the gym. Exercise always helps. Or, go dancing!
- Help your friend learn how to appreciate herself again.
Remember, with your patience and your love your friend will be soon over her breakup.